Monday, August 3, 2015

Annapolis

I just returned from an amazing three days in Annapolis, Maryland. What an intriguing place. Staying at the Historic Maryland Inn was like stepping back into history. Eleven members of the Continental Congress lodged at that same hotel.


I was there as part of a Destiny Initiative Team working on forming a vision for the International Dyslexia Association. We met in some of the very rooms where our founding fathers debated politics hundreds of years ago.

I've served as president of the Southwest Branch since January, and it's been quite an experience. It was great meeting with other like minded people who want to make a difference in the lives of children and adults who struggle to read. Find out more.

I arrived a day early and was excited to fit in a little sight seeing. I walked for miles and miles in the pouring rain and saw everything from an exhibit on runaway slaves in an old house/museum store on Main Street to an elaborate display of battleship replicas at the Naval Academy.

I'm already thinking about my next trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will appear on the blog after review by the blog administrator.